This Limited Warranty applies to Lion Iron Doors USA™ , hereafter referred to as LID, purchased directly from
Lion Iron Doors or from an authorized retailer. This Warranty is applicable only to product installed in the U.S.A. and Canada
Subject to the terms and conditions below, LID warrants to the original owner in which the product
is installed that the Structure and other non--glass components will be free from manufacturing defects for a Minimum period of 2 years. Hardware in coastal applications, glass, and finish are not covered under this Limited Warranty. Standard insulating glass with stainless steel spacers is warranted against seal failure resulting in visible obstruction through the glass for two (2) years from the original date of product purchase. All other glass and glass features are provided with the same warranties, limitations, and exclusions LID receives from its supplier; contact LID for further details. Glass warranties apply to factory--installed glass or LID--supplied glass installed by LID--authorized service personnel. Finishes are warrantied for 2 years, all finish repairs and touch-ups must be performed by an authorized LID Service personnel or LID authorized installing retailer.
If you sell or cease to occupy your home within the term the Limited Warranty will apply for the remainder of its term. The Limited Warranty is fully transferable.
If a covered defect appears during the term of the applicable warranty, LID will, at its option, repair or replace the product or
component, or refund the price paid for the defective product or component. Removal, shipping costs, installation, finishing,
refinishing, and disposal costs and services are not included. LID will endeavor to supply original replacement parts; however,
replacement parts may differ from the original parts. Replacement parts, including upgrades, are warranted for the remainder of the original product warranty.
Damage, defects, or problems resulting from causes outside LID' control are excluded from coverage under the Limited Warranty.
Such causes include, without limitation:
Installation, Maintenance, and Acts of God
- Faulty or improper storage, handling, installation, finishing, operation, or use
- Installation not in conformance with LID' installation instructions and applicable building codes
- Caulking, trim packages, or other materials used in product installation.
- Non--standard installation, such as non--vertical or sloped glazing, upside down, or out--of square
- Installation or use in inappropriate applications, including applications exceeding design standards
- Field mulls; field finishes
- Insulating glass installed more than 5000 feet above sea level without capillary tubes (except as specifically provided in the LID Limited Warranty High Altitude Supplement)
- Failure to follow LID care and maintenance instructions
- Use of brick wash, razor blades or other inappropriate cleaners, chemicals, or solvents; mechanical abrasion of finish
- Misuse, abuse, modification, alteration, accident, negligence
- Shifting or settling of the structure in which the product is installed; vibration
- Extreme weather events, extreme or unusual atmospheric conditions
- Exposure to excessive localized heat, moisture, or water leakage
- Normal wear and tear; normal weathering; ripping or other damage to screens associated with normal use
- Normal discoloration or fading of finishes, or other minor finish imperfections which do not affect product performance
- Glass imperfections consistent with ASTM or other industry standards, which do not affect structural integrity
- War, insurrection, civil unrest, terrorism, Acts of God
- Bow, twist, and warp of doors shall not be considered defects unless in excess of 1/4″in the plane of the door.
- Synthetic Stucco. Installation in structures that do not allow for proper moisture management, e.g., exterior insulation and finish systems (EIFS) or “synthetic stucco” is not covered under the Limited Warranty.
- Thermal Efficiency. LID does not warrant the amount or percentage of argon or other inert gas present in insulating glass at any time after manufacture. Inert gas dissipates over time, and may be ineffective in products manufactured with capillary tubes. Thermal efficiencies vary with the application of the product. LID does not warrant a specific level of thermal efficiency will be maintained by inert gas, low emissivity coatings, or other product features.
- Condensation is not a product defect, but the result of excess humidity. Condensation, frost, or mold, mildew, or fungus on product surfaces is not covered by the Limited Warranty.
- Finish Degradation. Degradation or failure of finish, hardware, or other components due to conditions such as air pollutants, acid rain, salt, sand, chemicals, or other corrosive or abrasive substances is not covered by the Limited Warranty.
- Screens are not designed to, and will not prevent falls.
- Determining the suitability and compliance with local or other applicable building codes or standards, of all building components, including the use of any LID product, and the design and installation of any flashing or sealing system, is the responsibility of the buyer, user, architect, contractor, installer, and/or other construction professional. LID will not be liable for any problem or damage relating to inappropriate or faulty building design or construction, maintenance, installation, or selection of products. Windows and doors are only one element of a structure; LID does not warrant that third party certification of a building or project to any specific standard will be achieved through the use of any Integrity product.
Disclaimers, Limitations, and Additional Terms and Conditions
This Limited Warranty is the only warranty, written or oral, express or implied, provided by LID. No dealer, employee, or agent of LID, nor any third party, may create or assume any other liability, obligation, or responsibility on behalf of LID. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. Any implied warranty which cannot be disclaimed under applicable law will be limited in duration to the shortest permissible term and, in any event, will not exceed the term of the applicable express limited warranty; the requirements for presenting any claim so affected will be as provided in this Limited Warranty. Any product or component not specifically subject to this Limited Warranty or another written LID product warranty is provided AS IS and without warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT A WARRANTY OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE OR A STATEMENT OF THE USEFUL LIFE OF ANY LID PRODUCT, BUT ONLY A WARRANTY TO REPAIR, REPLACE, OR REFUND.
IN NO EVENT WILL LID BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LID’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE AFFECTED PRODUCT OR COMPONENT. The limitations of warranty and liability set forth herein shall survive and apply, even if the exclusive remedy set forth in this Limited Warranty is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Certifications and Ratings.
Many standard LID products may be labeled with the Window & Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) Hallmark Certification. WDMA Certification is based on the performance of a single sample of the product at the time of manufacture. Many standard LID products may be labeled with National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) ratings. NFRC ratings are based on a combination of computer simulations and physical testing of product samples. Certifications and ratings apply to single products only and do not apply to mulled or combined products. Performance of individual products may vary and will change over time, depending upon the conditions of use. WDMA certifications and NFRC ratings are not performance warranties. For details on Hallmark Certification, go to www.WDMA.com. For details on NFRC Energy Performance ratings, go to www.NFRC.org.
LID may, in its discretion, extend benefits beyond what is covered under this Limited Warranty. Any such extension shall apply only to the specific instance in which it is granted, and shall not constitute a waiver of LID' right to strictly enforce the exclusions, disclaimers, and limitations set forth in this Limited Warranty in any or all other circumstances.
All warranty claims must be made within sixty (60) days of the appearance of the defect. To make a warranty claim, contact your local LID dealer or distributor. If you do not know the name of your local dealer or distributor, call LID to locate the one nearest you. If, after five days, your dealer or distributor has not responded, send an Email request to Lion Iron Doors contact you purchased the item from. Attn: Warranty Department. Include the following information: your name, address, and telephone number, the date you purchased your product, the name of the dealer or distributor from whom you purchased your product, a description of product, order number, specific definition of problem or defect, actions you have taken and contacts you have made with your local dealer or distributor. Once we have received your letter, we will respond to your claim promptly.
HIGH ALTITUDE LIMITED WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT
This Limited Warranty Supplement, in conjunction with the LID Limited Warranty, applies to LID products purchased from and
installed by an authorized LID installing retailer in the United States or Canada. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT IS SUBJECT TO AND INCORPORATES THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SET FORTH IN THE LID LIMITED WARRANTY (available from your LID dealer, at http://www.lionirondoors.com ). The terms and conditions of the
LID Limited Warranty will apply to glass without capillary tubes in the specific products and installed at or below the altitude
identified in the Guidelines for such product. Glass without capillary tubes installed above the altitudes identified in the Guidelines is not warranted. Glass without capillary tubes in products is not warranted above 5000 feet. LID may amend the Guidelines at any time in its sole discretion. Product style, size, shape, and configuration all affect glass installed in high altitude environments. For certain products, aesthetic effects may be observed at altitudes above 5000 feet. LID products are made to order in a wide variety of styles, sizes, shapes, and configurations. For best results, please consult your authorized LID installing retailer when installing product above 5000 feet.
In addition to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusive remedy set forth in the LID Limited Warranty, coverage under this
Limited Warranty Supplement does not extend to the aesthetic quality of the glass. Bowing, curvature, and other distortions of glass will naturally occur with increased altitude, and are not considered defects.
IN NO EVENT WILL LID BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LID LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE AFFECTED PRODUCT OR COMPONENT. The limitations of warranty and liability set forth herein shall survive and apply, even if the exclusive remedy set forth in this Limited Warranty is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Disclaimers, Limitations, and Additional Terms and Conditions
This Limited Warranty supplement, together with the LID Limited Warranty, is the only warranty, written or oral, express or implied, provided by LID. No dealer, employee, or agent of LID, nor any third party, may create or assume any other liability, obligation, or responsibility on behalf of LID. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. Any implied warranty which cannot be disclaimed under applicable law will be limited in duration to the shortest permissible term and, in any event, will not exceed the term of the applicable express limited warranty; the requirements for presenting any claim so affected will be as provided in the LID Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty Supplement gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT IS NOT A WARRANTY OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE OR A STATEMENT OF THE USEFUL LIFE OF ANY LID PRODUCT, BUT ONLY A WARRANTY TO REPAIR, REPLACE, OR REFUND.